Janice, one of my ladies who attends my card classes, suggested we participate in the Red Cross Program: Holiday Mail for Heroes this month. The bank where she works is involved. If you are not attending my class but would still like to participate; I've posted info on the program below. Your cards can be dropped off at any First Citizens National Bank by October 23rd. The card can be handmade or purchased. Here is a link to a list of local locations in Arlington, Bartlett, Millington, Collierville and Oakland.
Holiday Mail for Heroes
Supported by First Citizens National Bank and the American Red Cross
What it is
Holiday Mail for Heroes is an annual campaign in which the American Red Cross provides the community with the opportunity to send messages of thanks and holiday cheer to military members, veterans, fire fighters, law enforcement and other first responders. In this activity, individuals, families, organizations, churches and business can choose to make holiday cards or simply sign holiday cards that they have purchased.
How it helps
Sending holiday mail to military members, veterans and first responders is an easy, but meaningful way to give something that means something to our heroes. The cards are a great way for communities to express their gratitude.
How to Get Involved
Anyone can participate by making cards or simply signing purchased cards. Businesses, religious groups, community organizations, individuals, families and others can drop off their cards at any First Citizens National Bank from September 28 through October 23, 2015. Cards will be distributed in early December to Military Units, Veterans and First Responders throughout our community.
Card Making Do’s and Don’ts
· Sign all cards.
· Send a personal message.
· List your school, company, club or religious group.
· Draw/create trees, snowmen, presents, ornaments.
· Share thoughts like Happy Holidays, Season Greetings, Our Thoughts are with you, Thanks for your Service, You are in our Thoughts and Prayers, etc.
· Complete a summary forms and return it with your cards to any First Citizens National Bank. Forms can be found at all First Citizens National Bank drop off tables.
· Send envelopes, care packages or monetary gifts. Include personal photos or personal contact information.
· Use glitter—may aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
· Utilize religion specific information.
For Questions or additional information, contact the American Red Cross of the Mid-South
David Compton 901-483-6860 or email@example.com
Laura Vaughn 901-282-9549 or firstname.lastname@example.org